Saturday, March 30, 2013

Name Droppin'

I've been pretty busy working on a couple stories and doing some freelance.  Actually, I just got hired to do some toy designs for "The Walking Dead".  As in the TV show.  As in these things will be sold in stores.  So yeah, I've been freaking out about that but it's been fun so far.  Hopefully I can post some stuff from that soon.  But yeah, in between that I'm boarding out a story I wrote featuring the dog and guy you see below.  It's been a blast so far and I hope to see it through soon.  The rough stage at least.  My friend Adam (professional story board extraordinaire on such films as "Ice Age" and "Despicable Me") has been giving me advice along the way and I think this will end up as a good portfolio piece.  Consider this image a sneak preview.



Oh yeah, and I just signed up for a "storyboarding for feature animation" class with Steven Macleod!  Steven is a story artist at Dreamworks animation and has worked on "How To Train Your Dragon" and "The Croods", so I'm super pumped for that.  Man, I feel like I'm name-dropping a bunch in this post.  So why not do some more...

Adam Scott, the actor guy from "Parks and Rec." recently filmed a promo for a short film he's doing with Nick Offerman.  It's a ridiculous video but you can see Adam wearing a green shirt I designed that features a pirate riding a unicorn.  Pretty awesome.  You can see it here

That's all for now, I think...

No comments: